Simple and delicious—and quicker than takeout!
Makes 1 pizza, 8 slices
- Nonstick cooking spray or 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound pizza dough, room temperature
- ¾ cup pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 3 ounces fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 6 to 8 basil leaves, torn into pieces
Nutritional Information per slice:
Calories 217 (29% from fat) • carb. 32g • pro. 15g • fat 8g • sat. fat 2g • chol. 7mg sod. 402mg • calc. 46mg • fiber 5g
1. Set oven to Convection Bake at 450ºF. Allow to preheat for 10 to 15 minutes.
2. While the oven is preheating, generously coat the Baking Tray with nonstick cooking spray or the olive oil. Put the pizza dough on the tray. Stretch dough in an even layer to cover the entirety of the tray. Add the sauce into the center of the dough. Leaving a 1-inch border for the crust, spread sauce into a thin, even layer. Sprinkle with the Parmesan and top with the mozzarella.
3. Put the Baking Tray into Rack Position 1. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes until cheese is melted and lightly brown and the bottom crust is golden. It is recommended to turn the tray halfway through baking time for best results.
* Baking pizza on a baking/pizza stone gives you the crispiest crust; similar to pizza prepared in a brick oven. Go to Cuisinart.com for details on how to purchase.