Makes 6 Sandwiches
2½ tablespoons vegetable oil, divided 6 oval sandwich rolls, halved width-wise
8 ounces provolone, sliced
1½ pounds thinly sliced beefsteak (eye of the round or sirloin)
¾ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 cups thinly sliced red or green bell peppers
3 cups thinly sliced onions (about 2 medium)
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat the Cuisinart® GreenGourmet® Electric 14-inch Skillet to 400˚F. Add 1 tablespoon oil and stir to coat cooking surface.
2. Once oil is hot and shimmering, toast half of the rolls, cut side down, for about 1 minute or until lightly toasted. Remove and reserve; repeat with another tablespoon of oil and remaining rolls. Place cheese on the bottom half of the toasted rolls. Reserve.
3. Reduce heat slightly to 375˚F. Season steaks with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Sear, on both sides, about 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove and divide evenly among the six sandwiches, placing on top of the melted cheese.
4. Add remaining oil. Once oil is hot, add the peppers, onions and remaining salt and pepper. Lower heat slightly and continue to cook until softened, about 8 minutes. Divide evenly among the six sandwiches.
5. Reduce temperature to 300˚F; place sandwiches in Skillet. Cover and cook until sandwiches are warm and cheese is melted, about 10 minutes.