• 1½ lb boneless skinless chicken breast (4 breasts)
• 1+½ cup pure pulp free orange juice.
• 1 tablespoon curry powder
• 2 teaspoon dill weed
• 1-2 clove garlic minced
• A few grains of cayenne pepper
• ¼ cup celery finely chopped
• 1 med firm tomato, diced
• ½ small Vidalia onion, finely diced
• ¼ cup white mushrooms, diced(optional)
• 1 cup uncooked whole grain brown rice
• ½ cup water
• 2 “loaves” naan bread, quartered
No nutrition information available
Rinse chicken breasts under cold running water, pat dry and set aside.
In mixing bowl combine 1 cup orange juice, curry, dill weed, cayenne, and garlic. Wisk until well blended. Place chicken in mixture to marinate for 30-40 minutes, turning several times.
Heat skillet on medium heat, place chicken breasts in skillet and pour marinade over chicken. Heat to a slow boil stirring often, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30-40 minutes ( until chicken is tender and fully cooked. Remove chicken and set aside, leave juices in skillet (keep warm)
Add ½ cup orange and water to skillet. Increase heat to medium high until liquid comes to a rolling boil. Add rice and stir, reduce heat to simmer, stir occasionally, after 10 minutes add celery, tomato, mushroom and onion. Continue to simmer until liquid is fully absorbed ( 5-10 minutes more)
Place one chicken breast and ¼ rice mixture on a place, serve with naan bread.