Fresh mushrooms star in this simple yet flavorful risotto.
Makes about 6 cups (6 entrée servings, 12 first-course servings)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 medium leek, thoroughly cleaned and finely chopped
1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
10 ounces sliced cremini mushrooms
5 ounces sliced shiitake mushrooms
3 sprigs fresh thyme
2 cups Arborio rice
½ cup dry white wine
4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth/stock
½ cup green peas
½ cup shredded fontina about 1¼ ounces)
Nutritional information per first-course serving (½ cup):
Calories 170 (19% from fat) • carb. 27g • pro. 5g fat 4g • sat. fat 2g • chol. 8mg • sod. 388mg calc. 34mg • fiber 1g
- Put the oil and butter into the cooking pot of the Cuisinart® Pressure Cooker and select Brown. Once oil is hot and butter melted, add the leek with ½ teaspoon of the salt and pepper. Stir and cook until soft and fragrant. Add the sliced mushrooms and thyme, and cook until soft and browned at the edges.
- Add the rice and stir to evenly coat with the other ingredients. Cook until the outer edges are translucent, but the middle is still opaque. Add the wine and stir until the wine evaporates and the pot is just about dry. Add broth and remaining salt.
- Secure the lid and select High Pressure. Set the time for 3 minutes. When the audible beep sounds, use Quick Pressure Release.
- Once pressure has released completely, the red indicator will drop. Remove lid and stir in the peas and cheese.
- Remove thyme stems, taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Serve immediately.