Makes one 12-inch pizza
8 ounces mozzarella, well chilled
1 pound mushrooms (combination of white and cremini), trimmed
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
½ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
½ recipe *Pizza Dough*
1 cup ricotta
1 tablespoon olive oil
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 274 (41% from fat) • carb. 27g • pro. 15g • fat 13g • sat. fat 7g • Col. 31mg • sod. 608mg • calc. 186mg • fiber 1g
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Insert the Shredding Disc Assembly adjusted to coarse shred. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
3. Shred 8 ounces, well-chilled mozzarella on Speed 12.
4. Remove and reserve. Insert the Slicing Disc, adjusted to 2mm. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
5. Slice pound of mushrooms on Speed 12.
6. Replace the Slicing Disc Assembly with the Stirring Paddle and add 1 tablespoon butter and ½ teaspoon salt. Secure the Cooking Lid.
7. The cooking time is set for 20 minutes at 250°F on Speed 3. Add 1 teaspoon fresh thyme with about 5 minutes left of cooking time. While mushrooms are cooking, roll pizza dough out to 12-inch round.
8. Place on a perforated pizza pan or a greased pizza screen or baking sheet (if using a baking stone, prepare on a pizza peel or baking sheet without sides that has been well sprinkled with cornmeal).
9. Spread the cup of ricotta evenly around the center of the *Pizza Dough*.
10. Sprinkle evenly with the cooked mushrooms and then top with the shredded mozzarella.
11. Brush the outer edge with tablespoon of olive oil.
12. Bake in preheated oven until crust is golden and crispy and cheese is melted, about 10 to 15 minutes. Rotate pizza halfway through cook time for even baking.