• 2 Striploin Steaks
• 2 Large Sweet Onions
• 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
• 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
• ¼ Cup Red Wine
• 1 Tsp Salt
• 1 Tsp Black Pepper
• 2 Tbsp Canola Oil
• 2 Cups Steamed Jasmine or White Rice
• 2 Tbsp Chopped Chives
No nutrition information available
1. Steam rice in a rice cooker or on the stove top.
2. Finely dice sweet onions and set aside.
3. Pound and tenderize the steaks with a meat mallet, and lightly score both surfaces. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
4. Cover both sides of each steak generously with diced onion. Set aside to allow onion juices to tenderize meat for 45 minutes.
5. Ensure that steaks are at room temperature. Scrape off all the diced onion and set aside. Fry the steaks on high heat with oil for 1.5 minutes each side, or until desired doneness. Remove from pan and let rest for 10 minutes.
6. Add the diced onions to the pans and fry on medium heat until golden. Add soy sauce, maple syrup, red wine and deglaze for 5 minutes.
7. Once rested, slice steaks into bite sized pieces.
8. Pack rice into two medium sized bowls. Top with sliced steaks. Pile mounds of deglazed onions on top. Garnish with finely chopped fresh chives. Serve and enjoy!