Can be enjoyed as a soup or as filling for fajitas
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 2 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 14-15 ounce can no added salt black beans, triple rinsed
- 1 14-15 Oz can no added salt diced tomatoes
- 1 sweet potato, scrubbed and cubed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 onion, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon Mexican seasoning
- 1 package chipotle taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
No nutrition information available
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Add oil to a large casserole dish. Add chicken, beef broth, beans, tomatoes, sweet potato, lime juice, onion, garlic, cilantro, chili powder, cumin, Nueva Seasoning. Stir to mix.
- Bake for 45 minutes to an hour.
- Can be served as soup right from the casserole dish and topped with slices of avocado or guacamole and a tablespoon of plain Greek yogurt or sour cream. Or drain and spoon tortillas and top with avoado/guacamole and yogurt.