Healthy, mildly spicy with a slightly grilled taste from peppers.
5 green or red bell peppers
6 chicken tenderloins
1 cup cooked red or black kidney beans
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon cumin powder
½ teaspoon salt
1 table spoon vegetable oil
Bechamel sauce: 2 table spoons flour, 1 table spoon unsalted butter, 1 cup milk, ½ cup shredded Cheddar or mozzarella cheese
No nutrition information available
1. Prepare the peppers: wash, cut off the end caps from peppers, scrape off all the seeds and white core from inside.
2. Boil chicken in a pot until tender and cut into cubes. Set aside.
3. Peel onion and cut into small cubes. Heat a table spoon vegetable oil over medium high heat. Cook onions until lightly browned, add chicken pieces, cooked beans, salt and spices. Mix thoroughly and cook for 5 minutes with lid closed.
4. Stuff peppers with filling mixture up to the top. Grill in the oven for 25 minutes until lightly charred.
5. Meanwhile, prepare the sauce: whisk together flour with milk and heat in a small pan, bring to simmer and cook for 2 minutes until it thickens. Add cheese and whisk vigorously. Spoon sauce mixture over bell peppers and grill in the oven for 5-7 more minutes until the tops are golden brown.