For a quick, EASY, filling dinner with many variations!
4 per loaf
1 loaf frozen bread dough
Fillings (mix and match as you like):
about ½ lb. thinly sliced meats such as ham, salami, turkey, pepperoni, etc.
about ¼ lb. sliced cheese (I like Provolone, but use what you like)
¼ C grated Parmesan cheese
thinly sliced tomatoes
thinly sliced onions
thinly sliced bell peppers or roasted bell peppers
chopped black or green olives
No nutrition information available
1. Thaw the loaf of dough (place covered in warm oven to speed up), prepare greased rectangle cookie sheet or pizza stone.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
3. On a lightly floured surface, roll each dough half into a rectangle about 10" x 8". Arrange fillings over dough in layers, finishing with a sprinkling of Parmesan.
4. Roll the dough much like you would if you were making a jelly roll. Pinch the edges of the seam and tuck the ends under. For shine -coat with whipped egg brushed on w/pastry brush.
5. Cut long diagonal slashes, about ½ inch deep, along the top of the loaf every 3 inches or so. Brush top of loaf with beaten egg, avoiding the area in the slashes.
6. Sprinkle with poppy or sesame seeds if desired. Bake for about 30 minutes or until bread is golden brown.
7. Cool slightly before cutting and serving, or if you prefer to eat your stromboli cold, cool completely on a wire rack before wrapping and refrigerating.