This dish is extremely hearty and could become your new favorite comfort food.
2 (9-in) unbaked pie crusts
2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup salsa, divided
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
½ cup chopped tomatoes
7 (8 inch) flour tortillas
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup salsa
½ cup sour cream
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees
2. In a large bowl, mash pinto beans. Stir in ¾ cup salsa and garlic.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together ¼ cup salsa, cilantro, black beans and tomatoes.
4. Place 1 tortilla in a pie plate or tart dish. Spread ¾ cup pinto bean mixture over tortilla to within ½ inch of edge. Top with ¼ cup cheese, and cover with another tortilla. Spread with ⅔ cup black bean mixture, and top with ¼ cup cheese. Repeat layering twice. Cover with remaining tortilla, and spread with remaining pinto bean mixture and cheese.
5. Cover with the remaining crust upside down and bake for 1 hour.