Delicate Portobello mushrooms topped with a crispy baked cheesy crab and bell pepper mixture. Easy to make, and great to look at. You may use any type of cheese that you like in this recipe - Italian cheeses work especially well.
PREP TIME 10 Min
COOK TIME 30 Min
READY IN 40 Min
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese flavored bread crumbs
2 tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
2 tablespoons chopped yellow bell pepper
2 green onions, chopped
¼ to 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
4 tablespoons butter, melted (or 1 beaten egg)
3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat, drained and flaked
2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
4 Portobello Mushrooms, gently cleaned and dried
No nutrition information available
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. gently remove stems from the Portobello mushrooms.
3. Using a Cuisinart food processor finely mince jalapeno pepper.
4. Using the food processor mince green onions, red and yellow bell peppers, mushroom stems and crabmeat
5. In a medium bowl, combine the bread crumbs, red and yellow bell peppers, green onions, jalapeno pepper, butter, crabmeat, mozzarella cheese, mushroom stems and 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
6. Oil a 9x13 inch baking pan with cooking spray. Arrange mushroom caps in a single layer. Spread the crumb topping evenly over the mushrooms.
7. Top with additional tablespoon of Parmesan cheese.
8. Bake 30-35 minutes.
Note: Crabmeat is optional.