A unique and different, yet easy-to-prepare main dish, that solvers the problem, "What can I make tonight that is exotic?"
Coconut Curry Chicken
main dish/ entree
1 cup unsweetened light coconut milk
1 teaspoon red Thai curry paste
½ large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
½ small onion, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons sugar substitute
1 teaspoon chicken stock concentrate
3 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut cross-wise into ½ inch slices.
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
sliced fresh basil leaves and lime leaves as a garnish
2½ cup steamed white rice
No nutrition information available
1. In a medium sized saucepan, over medium combine ¼ cup coconut milk and curry paste. Bring to a boil.
2. Add peppers and onions. Cook 4 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Add remaining coconut milk, sugar substitute and chicken concentrate. Bring to a gentle simmer and cook 1 minute.
3. Add chicken, cook 5 minutes, until chicken is cooked through, stirring once, to flip chicken strips.
4. Remove from heat, stir in lime juice.
5. Serve over rice, garnished with basil leaves and lime slices.