Who knew that tasty chorizo was so easy to make at home?
Makes about 3 pounds of sausage or 15 to 16 sausage links
1 pounds pork shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped 2 tablespoons ancho chile powder 1 tablespoon paprika 1 tablespoon kosher salt 2 teaspoons ground cumin 1 teaspoon dried oregano 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper ¼ teaspoon cayenne
Nutritional information per 4 ounce serving:
Calories 201 (40% from fat)
- carb. 2g • pro. 27g • fat 9g
- sat. fat 3g • chol. 88mg • sod. 777mg
- Mix ingredients together well in a large stainless bowl. Cov- er with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Once meat has rested, as- semble the meat grinder fitted with the medium plate. Attach meat grinder to the mixer. Turn the stand mixer to Speed 3 and grind all ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Form into patties, use crum- bled or make into sausage links.