Very spicy and flavorful, no-beans.
5 dried anchos chili peppers
5 dried pasilla peppers
5 dried chipotle peppers
3 lb meat (2 lb beef, 1 lb pork or all beef)
1 large Spanish onion, chopped
1 15 oz. Can tomato sauce
2 heaping tablespoons Chili powder
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon onion powder
2 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon hot paprika
1 teaspoon mustard
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1 teaspoon mombasa powder (special chili powder)
2 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground habenero peppers (Hell in a Jar)
½ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon white pepper
2 cloves minced garlic
Dash Tabasco (optional)
No nutrition information available
1. Soak dried peppers in warm water to soften. Remove stems and seeds and blend in Cuisinart to make a paste.
2. Grind meat and sear in a large pot.
3. Add chopped onion.
4. Add tomato sauce plus ½ can water.
5. Add spices.
6. Add chili paste from step 1.
7. Simmer one hour, stirring occasionally.
8. When chili has simmered for one hour, either remove any grease that has risen to the surface or bind with a paste made of equal parts flour and water (1-2 tablespoons each) and simmer for an additional 15-20 minutes until flour is cooked.