Spicy, tangy and vinegary, this colorful dish is best served over a starchy side like rice, potatoes or polenta.
Makes 2 to 4 servings
4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of any excess fat
1 tablespoons sherry vinegar
1 tablespoons olive oil
¾ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
1 red bell pepper
1 small onion
2 links precooked Italian chicken sausage (about 6 ounces), sliced into ½-inch rounds
4 hot cherry peppers, stemmed, seeded and quartered
1 cup pitted green Italian olives, halved
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 378 (47% from fat) • carb. 5g • pro. 45g • fat 20g • sat. fat 5g • Col. 210mg • sod. 1397mg • calc. 13mg • fiber 1g
1. In a large bowl, combine 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs with 1 tablespoon each sherry vinegar and olive oil, ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
2. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
3. Insert the Slicing Disc Assembly, adjusted to 4mm. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
4. Slice red bell pepper and 1 small onion using the medium feed tube on Speed 12.
5. Remove and reserve. Wipe out the work bowl.
6. Insert Stirring Paddle. Add remaining tablespoon olive oil and 2 precooked Italian chicken sausage links, sliced to ½-inch rounds. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap removed.
7. The cooking time is set for 10 minutes at 285°F on Speed 4.
8. Add the reserved vegetables. An additional 8 minutes is added to the cooking time.
9. Remove the Stirring Paddle and add 6 hot cherry peppers, stemmed, seeded and quartered and 1 cup pitted Italian green olives, halved.
10. Nestle the reserved chicken thighs into the work bowl and add any excess marinade from the chicken in as well. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place.
11. The cooking time is set for 1 hour at 205°F.
12. When time expires, taste and adjust seasoning according to preference. Serve immediately.