6 small garlic cloves
1 teaspoon paprika
¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground coriander
½ teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
4 2 x ½-inch strips lemon peel, white pith removed
¾ cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
¼ cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 cup olive oil, reserving 1 tablespoon
⅓ cup pitted, whole Kalamata olives, finely chopped
1 pound salmon, about 1½ inches thick
2 large (about 1 pound total) russet potatoes, scrubbed
Nutritional information per serving (based on 4 servings): Calories 856 (75% from fat) • carb. 29g pro. 27g • fat 73g • sat. fat 10g • chol. 69mg sod. 819mg • calc. 91mg • fiber 4g
1. Make the chermoula: Put the garlic into a mini chopper. Pulse to finely chop. Add the paprika, ½ teaspoon of the salt, pepper, coriander, cumin, red pepper flakes and lemon peel. Pulse until a paste forms. Transfer mixture to a small bowl. Add the cilantro, parsley, lemon juice and vinegar. Slowly whisk in the olive oil. Add the olives. Put the salmon in a 9 x 13-inch baking dish; add ½ cup of the marinade to cover the fish. Cover with plastic wrap; marinate 1 to 2 hours. Bring to room temperature before grilling.
2. Twenty minutes before cooking the salmon, slice the potatoes into ¼-inch slices. Put the potato slices in a large bowl with the reserved tablespoon of olive oil and remaining salt. Toss to evenly coat.
3. Turn on the Cuisinart Griddler. Select Grill and set temperature to 425°F.
4. Once preheated, put the potatoes onto the bottom plate of Griddler in an even layer . Close the Griddler and set the timer for 16 minutes, until potatoes are browned and crispy and fully cooked through. Transfer the cooked potatoes to a large serving plate and loosely cover with foil.
5. Put the salmon on the bottom plate of the Griddler. Set the count-up timer and cook for about 8 to 9 minutes on the first side. Flip salmon, reduce temperature to 400°F and cook the second side of the salmon for about 6 minutes, until desired doneness.
6. When salmon is cooked, transfer to a serving plate and drizzle with 2 to 3 tablespoons of the remaining chermoula. Serve salmon with the reserved potatoes.