These oven-baked chops have a golden brown coating. Serve with garlic mashed potatoes and a green salad for a quick meal.
Makes 4 servings
Vegetable oil cooking spray
1½ teaspoons garlic powder
1½ teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon finely ground white pepper
¼ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
⅓ cup wheat germ
¼ cup plain bread crumbs
½ cup reduced fat milk
1 large egg
4 boneless center cut loin chops, about 6 ounces each
⅔ cup all-purpose flour
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 681 (49% from fat) • carb. 24g • pro. 63g • fat 37g • sat. fat 14g • chol. 204mg • sod. 643mg • calc. 18mg • fiber 0g
1. Place Cuisinart® Exact Heat™ Toaster Oven Broiler rack in position B and preheat oven to 375ºF on the Bake setting. Place broiling pan in the drip tray in the lower position. Lightly coat the broiling pan with vegetable oil cooking spray and add ¼ cup water to the drip tray.
2. Combine garlic powder and next 6 ingredients in a small bowl (through black pepper). Divide spice mixture in half and reserve each in a flat pan (such as a pie plate).
3. Add wheat germ and bread crumbs to one of the flat pans and gently combine.
4. Combine milk and egg in a medium bowl until well blended.
5. Place flour in a third flat pan. Dredge each pork chop in the plain spice mixture, then the flour, milk mixture and wheat germ mixture.
6. Arrange pork chops in a single layer on the prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes; turn and bake until juices are clear and meat is no longer pink, about 20 minutes longer (internal temperature of pork should be 165ºF). Outsides of pork chops should be golden brown.