A quick and simple dish. Any leftovers can be served over a salad the next day.
1 small scallion, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 tablespoon fresh dill
1 tablespoon fresh parsley
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1/4 teaspoon plus pinch kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 pound salmon fillet
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 237 (60% from fat) • carb. 0g • pro. 23g
• fat 15g • sat. fat 6g • chol. 85mg • sod. 99mg
• calc. 15mg • fiber 0g
1. Put the scallion, dill and parsley in a mini food processor fitted with the chopping blade. Pulse to chop Scrape down sides and add butter, lemon zest, ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper . Process until fully homogenous, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. Transfer butter to a piece of wax paper and form into the shape of the salmon fillet . If butter is too soft, refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Sprinkle salmon fillet with pinch of salt and gently put the butter onto the top of the fish, covering as much of the flesh as possible.
3. Chill the prepared salmon in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
4. When ready to cook put the salmon on top of the broiling/streaming rack fit into the baking pan. Put in the oven with the rack in the lower broil position. Set to Broil Steam at 500°F for 10–15 minutes* and then Broil at 500°F for 5–10 minutes browning to finish.
5. Once brown, remove salmon let rest for a minute before serving .
*Salmon fillets vary in size so it may be necessary to adjust the cooking time, depending on thickness.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!