Marinating overnight intensifies the flavor of this simple roast.
1½ to 2 pounds trimmed beef tenderloin roast
4 garlic cloves
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 sprig fresh oregano
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 301 (68% from fat) • carb. 1g • pro. 22g
• fat 22g • sat. fat 9g • chol. 101mg • sod. 254mg
• calc. 33mg • fiber 0g
1. Put the tenderloin into a large resealable storage bag with the garlic, thyme, oregano and pepper. Toss to coat and marinate in refrigerator overnight.
2. Take the tenderloin out of the bag, discarding the garlic and herbs. Line the baking pan with parchment paper. Put tenderloin on the prepared pan and coat meat with the salt. Allow to rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
3. Put the tenderloin in the oven with the rack in the lower rack position. Set to Convection Bake at 450°F for 30 minutes. At the end of the convection bake cycle, remove tenderloin from oven and brush the top with melted butter. Return meat to the oven and set to Broil at 500˚F for 5 minutes.
4. Allow meat to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!