This salmon is perfect served on its own or over a bed of mixed greens.
2 tablespoons mirin
2 tablespoons sake
1 one-inch piece ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
1 scallion, thinly sliced
1 garlic clove, smashed
1 pound salmon fillet, skin on
1 quart water for steaming
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
Nutritional information per serving (4 ounces of fish):
Calories 190 (35% from fat) • carb. 5g • pro. 23g
• fat 7g • sat. fat 1g • chol. 62mg • sod. 117mg
1. In a shallow baking dish whisk together the mirin, sake, ginger, scallion and garlic. Place the fish in the marinade; turn to coat and lay flesh side down into the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes.
2. Fitted with the rack, fill cooking pot with the 1 quart of water and set Multicooker to Steam for 12 minutes.
3. Remove fish from refrigerator. Season fish with salt. Once tone sounds, place the fish on the rack and top with some of the aromatics it marinated in.
4. Depending on the fillet’s thickness, begin checking doneness at 8 to 10 minutes. Serve immediately.