The combination of hot and sweet peppers with olives makes this delicious chicken dish burst with flavor.
6 bone-in chicken thighs, trimmed of any excess fat*
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 Italian chicken or turkey sausages, about 5 ounces total, cut into ½-inch slices
1 small onion, finely chopped
½ medium red bell pepper, finely chopped
½ medium yellow or orange bell pepper, finely chopped
2 tablespoons dry white wine
¾ cup chopped hot and sweet cherry peppers (about 4 to 6 peppers)
¾ cup green Italian olives (about 10 large olives, such as Cerignola), pitted and chopped
Nutritional information per serving
(based on 6 servings):
Calories 219 (10% from fat) • carb. 5g • pro. 29g
• fat 8g • sat. fat 1g • chol. 97mg • sod. 1002mg
• calc. 19mg • fiber 1g
1. Season the chicken thighs on both sides with salt and pepper.
2. Put the oil into the cooking pot of the Multicooker set to Brown/Sauté at 400°F. Once unit is preheated, put chicken pieces into the cooking pot, skin side down. Brown well, about 6 to 8 minutes per side. Remove and reserve.
3. Add sausages and sauté until brown, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove and reserve. You should have about 1 tablespoon of fat in the pan. Remove any excess.
4. Add onion and bell peppers to the cooking pot. Sauté until soft, about 5 minutes.
5. Stir in white wine, scraping any brown bits on bottom of pot with wooden spoon.
6. Put chicken pieces back into cooking pot, along with the reserved sausage, cherry peppers and olives.
7. Cover unit and switch to Slow Cook on Low for 5 hours.
8. Once time has expired, unit will automatically switch to Keep Warm.
*You can also substitute 2 boneless chicken breasts and 2 whole chicken legs (for a total of about 2 pounds) if you are breaking down a whole chicken. The chicken carcass can then be used to make homemade chicken stock.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!