A delicious all-in-one-pot meal.
1 large carrot, peeled and cut into 1-inch sliced rounds
1 pound yam or sweet potato, cut into ½-inch sliced rounds
1 small rutabaga (about 12 ounces), cut into 1-inch slices
½ large fennel bulb (or 1 small bulb), fronds removed, cut into ½-inch lengthwise slices
1 medium red potato, cut into ½-inch sliced rounds
1 celery stalk, sliced
1 teaspoon sea or kosher salt, divided
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
3 fresh rosemary sprigs, divided
3 sprigs fresh thyme leaves, (stems discarded), divided
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
nonstick cooking spray
1 whole chicken* (3½ to 4 pounds)
Nutritional information per serving (based on 4 servings):
Calories 503 (24% from fat) • carb. 44g • pro. 52g
• fat 14g • sat. fat 3g • chol. 147mg • sod. 808mg
• calc. 159mg • fiber 7g
1. Put the carrot, yam, rutabaga, fennel, potato, celery, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper, 1 sprig each rosemary and thyme and ½ tablespoon of the olive oil in the cooking pot of the Multicooker; toss together.
2. Season the chicken with the remaining salt and pepper. Coat the outside of the bird with the remaining olive oil and put the remaining herbs into the cavity of the bird. Tie the legs of the chicken together with butcher’s twine if desired. Put chicken on top of the bed of vegetables and cover.
3. Set the unit to Slow Cook on High for 4 hours.
4. Remove chicken and cut into 8 pieces to serve with the vegetables.
*If you have the time, brown the chicken prior to slow cooking. Do this on Brown/Sauté at 400°F and brown on both the top and bottom of the chicken. Remove and reserve chicken and then prepare as instructed above.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!