The perfect summer sandwich when tomatoes are perfectly ripe.
- 4 slices sourdough or hearty Italian or wheat bread
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 ounces Cheddar, sliced (about 3 to 4 thin slices)
- ½ medium avocado, sliced
- 1 plum tomato, cut into ¼-inch slices
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
Nutritional information per panini:
Calories 304 (69% from fat) • carb. 15g • pro. 10g • fat 24g • sat. fat 8g • chol. 33mg • sod. 514mg • calc. 228mg • fiber 3g
- Preheat grill in the closed position.
- Brush one side of each slice of bread with the oil. Lay 2 slices of bread on a work surface, oiled side down. Build the sandwiches in this order: ½ of the cheese, avocado, tomato, salt and pepper and remaining ½ of cheese, evenly dividing the ingredients between the sandwiches. Spread the mayonnaise on the inside of the remaining slices of bread and place on top of the sandwiches, oiled side up.
- Place sandwiches on the bottom grill plate and close, applying medium pressure to the handle for 20 seconds . Grill panini for 4 to 6 minutes, or until cheese is melted and sandwiches are evenly grilled and golden.
- Allow panini to rest for about 2 minutes. Then slice each sandwich in half and serve.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!