This sandwich has it all and is packed with flavor – from the smooth and nutty hummus to the tangy radishes – and healthy to boot!
- 2 slices whole-grain bread
- 3 to 4 tablespoons hummus, homemade or purchased
- 2 small radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 slices plum tomato
- ¼ cup sprouts (alfalfa, broccoli, whatever is your favorite)
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrots
- 1 to 1½ ounces sliced feta
Calories 187 (31% from fat) • carb. 26g • pro. 9g • fat 7g • sat. fat 3g
• chol. 13mg • sod. 465mg • calc. 192mg • fiber 5g
- Preheat the Compact Toaster Oven Broiler set to Bake (or Sandwich, if using the TOB-100 model) at 400°F with the rack in position B (or "C" if using the TOB-100 model) for 5 minutes. Line the baking tray with foil, if desired, and fit with the broiling rack.
- While oven is heating, lay both pieces of bread on the assembled tray.
- Spread the hummus evenly on the tops of both slices, and then evenly distribute the remaining ingredients, in the order listed.
- Put the sandwiches into the oven and cook on Bake (or Sandwich) for 5 minutes. If using the TOB-80 Model, switch to Broil and cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until the cheese is lightly browned.
- Serve immediately.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!