A gourmet quick treat, this method can be used for any type of
- 2 slices sourdough or other similar rustic bread
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 6 thin slices prosciutto
- 2 ounces fontina, sliced
- ¹∕³ cup loosely packed arugula
Calories 281 (46% from fat) • carb. 23g • pro. 15g • fat 14g sat. fat 7g • chol. 40mg • sod. 833mg • calc. 181mg • fiber 1g
- Preheat the toaster oven to Broil on the Broil setting with rack in position A. Insert the broiling rack into the baking pan.
- Brush the bread with the olive oil. Top with the prosciutto, then the cheese.*
- Put the prepared sandwiches on the pan and broil for 2 to 2½ minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Top with the arugula and serve.
*This sandwich is also equally delicious, but not as visually impressive, with the arugula placed underneath the cheese.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!