This pizza has both salty and sweet flavors.
You can also add some sliced chorizo or sausage to spice it up.
- 1/3 to 1/2 lb pizza dough
- 6 garlic cloves
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- pinch kosher or sea salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- nonstick cooking spray
- ¾ cup hearty pizza sauce, strained
- 6 oz fresh mozzarella, cubed
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 230 (43% from fat) • carb. 26g • pro. 8g • fat 11g
sat. fat 5g • chol. 23mg • sod. 333mg • calc. 10mg • fiber 4g
- Preheat your toaster oven to 450°F on the Bake setting with the rack in position A.
- Line the baking pan with aluminum foil. Put the garlic and onion onto the pan and toss with half of the olive oil and the salt and pepper. Roast in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until the garlic and onion are softened and golden. Remove and reserve; discard the foil. Reduce the temperature to 400°F.
- Lightly coat the baking pan with the nonstick cooking spray. Roll out dough into a 10 x 9-inch rectangle. Fit into the prepared pan. Brush the outer edge of the dough with olive oil.* Spread the sauce on the dough, and then top with the cheese and then the roasted vegetables. Bake in the preheated oven for about 8 to 10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbling and the edges of the crust are golden.
- Let pizza cool slightly, then slice and serve.
- If a crispier crust is desired, par-bake the dough for about 8 to 10 minutes before topping with the other ingredients.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!