A healthy alternative to the beef burger.
- 1¾ pounds ground turkey (7% fat works best)
- ¹∕³ cup finely chopped green onion
- ¹∕³ cup finely chopped Italian parsley
- ½ cup freshly ground Reggiano Parmesan or Asiago
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, divided
Nutritional information per burger: Calories 115 (52% from fat) • carb. 1g • pro. 13g • fat 6g • sat. fat 2g • chol. 55mg • sod. 203mg • calc. 50mg • fiber 0g
- Put the turkey into a large bowl with the onion, parsley, cheese, and black pepper. Using clean hands, stir to combine and mix well, but do not overwork the meat.
- Divide into 12 equal portions (3 ounces each) and shape into 4-inch burgers (about ¹∕³ cup each). Sprinkle each side with the garlic powder and salt. Refrigerate if not grilling immediately.
- Preheat the Cuisinart® Griddler® Grill Centro, fitted with the grill plate, to High. Once the grill is hot (about 10 minutes), arrange half of the burgers evenly spaced on the grill. Cook for about 4 minutes per side, until well grilled and juices run clear. Internal temperature of meat should be 165°F when tested with an instant-read thermometer.
- Serve hot on grilled buns or English muffins. Buns can be toasted concurrently with burgers. To do so, fit skewers as instructed below*. Open buns flat and place on top of skewers, with motor off. A medium color takes about 1½ minutes.
*Fit the skewers: Assemble the unit with the grill/griddle plate, kebab drawers, and drip cup in their proper positions. Note: grill/griddle plate must be on unit when using kebab feature. Please keep in mind that it is very hot when the unit is operating. Turn the temperature control dial to desired temperature and preheat for approximately 10 to 12 minutes. Pull drawers to open. Place skewers into the skewer slots so the star-like shape at the end of each handle is inserted into a gear slot in the front end of the kebab drawer. Close drawer securely.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!