- ½ pound white beans
- cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon good quality olive oil
- 1½ cups chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 4 cups chicken stock, nonfat, low-sodium
- 1 pound chicken breast meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- ½ cup prepared salsa verde (from a jar)
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¾ teaspoon coriander
- ½-¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
- 1½ jalapeño peppers, cored, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1 cup cut white or yellow corn, (thawed if frozen)
- 8 lime wedges
Nutritional information per serving (1 cup): Calories 390 (13% from fat) • carb. 45g • pro. 40g • fat 5g • sat. fat 1g • chol. 65mg • sod. 570 mg • calc. 145mg • fiber 15g
- Pick over beans and discard any stones or bits of dirt. Soak beans overnight (8 hours) in water to cover by 3 inches. Drain and rinse.
- Lightly coat the interior of the ceramic pot of the Cuisinart® Slow Cooker with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a Cuisinart® 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add onions and garlic. Cook until onions are soft, about 5 minutes; transfer to pot.
- Place stock, beans and chicken in slow cooker. Add salsa, cumin, oregano, coriander, salt, pepper and jalapeños. Cover and press the on/off button to turn the unit on. Set time to 6 hours and press Simmer; slow cooker will automatically switch to Warm when cooking time has elapsed.
- One half hour before serving, turn heat to High; stir in corn. Serve with wedge of lime.
Hint: Sliced or diced avocado makes a good garnish for White Chicken Chili.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!