12 ounces peeled and deveined shrimp, halved length-wise
½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
¾ cup chopped onion (about 1 small)
1⁄3 cup chopped celery (about 1 medium stalk)
½ cup chopped red bell pepper (about ½ medium pepper)
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2½ cooker cups long-grain white rice
1½ teaspoons dried thyme
¾ teaspoon chili powder
2½ cups chicken stock
1 cup marinara sauce
1 bay leaf
¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
Nutritional information per serving (based on 1 cup): Calories 280 (11% from fat) • carb. 43g • pro. 18g • fat 4g • sat. fat 1g • chol. 80mg • sod. 520mg • calc. 57mg • fiber 1g
2. Put the olive oil in the cooking pot of the Cuisinart® Rice Plus™ Multi-Cooker. Select the Quick Cook function and press Start.
3. Once oil is hot and shimmering, about 2 minutes, add the onion, celery, pepper and garlic. Sauté 2 to 3 minutes, or until fragrant.
4. Add the rice, thyme and chili powder. Stir until rice is translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Add the stock, sauce and bay leaf. Switch the cooker to the White Rice function and press Start. Close the lid and let cook.
5. When the timer indicates that there are about 10 to 15 minutes left of cooking time, place the filled steaming tray in the cooking pot. Close lid again and let the unit complete its cooking program. Once the audible tone has sounded to indicate the end of cooking, allow the rice cooker to rest, closed, for an additional 5 minutes.
6. Open the lid and carefully remove the steaming tray with the sausage and shrimp using pot holders. Turn the unit off. Gently toss rice mixture with steamed shrimp and sausage. Add half of the parsley and toss to combine. Adjust seasonings to desired taste.
7. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with remaining chopped parsley.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!