Griddler® Position: Closed Selector: Grill/Panini Plate Side: Grill
1½ pounds freshly ground beef round or chuck (15% lean)
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 to 2 cloves finely minced garlic
2 to 3 finely chopped green onions
1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
1 to 2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 to 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tablespoon minced capers
1 to 2 tablespoons minced imported olives
1 to 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce hot sauce to taste
minced jalapeño pepper to taste
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 254 (18% from fat) • carb. 1g • pro. 30g • fat 20g • sat. fat 8g • chol. 87mg • sod. 324mg • calc. 7mg • fiber 0g
1. Preheat Cuisinart® Griddler® to Sear with the unit closed.
2. Working the ground chuck as little as possible, shape into four 6-ounce burger patties, about 4 inches in diameter. The best way to do this is to use a 4-inch round cookie cutter: Put 6 ounces of meat in the cookie cutter and gently press to fill the cookie cutter evenly. It is important that all the burgers be of the same height for optimal grilling results.
3. When Griddler® has preheated, place the burgers on the bottom grill plate, evenly spaced.
4. Close the Griddler® and grill for 5 to 8 minutes (until the internal temperature reaches from 140°F to 165°F) depending on personal preference.
5. Remove burgers and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6. Serve hot with your favorite condiments.
Variations Burgers may be seasoned for variety before they are grilled. Gently stir one or a combination of these suggested seasonings or your own favorites into the meat, working the meat as little as possible for best texture.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!