Vegetarian ChiliCuisinart Original Recipe
This dish is best after sitting a day or two and then reheated
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 medium to large onion, chopped (about 1½ cups)
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped (about 1½ tablespoons)
2 jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped
2 tablespoons chili powder
½ tablespoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon kosher salt
4 bell peppers, cored, seeded and cut into ½-inch pieces
1 large zucchini, cut into ¼-inch pieces
2 cups corn kernels (one 15-ounce bag), defrosted
2 cans (14 ounces each) diced tomatoes, juices drained
2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, drained and rinsed
2 cans (15 ounces each) white beans, drained and rinsed
1 cup dried bulgur wheat
3 cups vegetable stock or broth
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1. Preheat the Cuisinart® GreenGourmet® Electric 14-inch Skillet to 250°F.
2. Add the vegetable oil and stir to coat surface. Add the onion; sauté until softened, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the garlic and jalapenos; stir to combine and then cover and let cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Add the spices and salt; stir to coat onion mixture thoroughly. Add the remaining vegetables, beans and bulgur. Stir to combine.
4. Add the stock, vinegar and tomato paste. Cover Skillet and raise temperature to 300˚F.
5. Cook for an additional 2 hours, until bulgur is tender and flavors have developed.
Servingsno serving information available
Calories 277 (11% from fat) • carb. 52g • pro.12g • fat 12g • sat. fat 3g • chol. 0mg • sod. 391mg • calc. 126mg • fiber 11g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
GreenGourmet® Electric 14-inch Skillet
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!