Penne alla VodkaCuisinart Original Recipe
Creamy with a little spice, this will soon be a family favorite.
1 pound penne pasta
4 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
½ cup chopped onion
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 can (35 ounce) plum tomatoes, with juices
½ cup vodka
²∕³ cup heavy cream
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Strain and reserve.
2. Preheat the Cuisinart® GreenGourmet® Electric 14-inch Skillet to 200˚F. Add oil and stir to coat cooking surface.
3. Add onion and cook until softened, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
4. Raise heat to 350°F. Add tomatoes, breaking them up with a wooden spoon. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat to 300°F and let mixture simmer until slightly thickened, about 10 minutes.
5. Add vodka; simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Add cream; simmer 2 minutes. Season with salt and crushed red pepper flakes.
6. Toss pasta with ½ of the sauce in a large bowl or pot. Ladle the remaining sauce on top. Garnish with the chopped parsley.
Servingsno serving information available
Calories 374 (26% from fat) • carb. 51g • pro. 9g • fat 11g • sat. fat 5g • chol. 27mg • sod. 349mg • calc. 39 mg • fiber 2g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
GreenGourmet® Electric 14-inch Skillet