This "pasta" dish can be served either as a main or hearty side dish on a cool fall evening.
- ½ cup small diced pancetta
- 4 ounces wild mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bunch Swiss chard (select the rainbow variety, if available, to add color to the dish), stems separated from the leaves, both thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 pound sweet potato or yam, peeled, about 2 small to medium potatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Grated Parmesan for serving
Nutritional information per serving (1 cup):
Calories 230 (46% from fat) • carb. 26g • pro. 6g • fat 12g sat. fat 3g • chol. 19mg • sod. 861mg • calc. 60mg • fiber 4g
1. Heat a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the pancetta and sauté until the fat is rendered and the pancetta is crispy.
2. Add the wild mushrooms and chard stems with garlic to the pan with ½ teaspoon salt and crushed red pepper. Continue sautéing on medium/medium-low until slightly browned, at least 10 to 15 minutes. Stir occasionally and scrape the bottom while cooking.
3. While vegetables are sautéing, assemble the Cuisinart® PrepExpress™ with the 9mm Shred/ Spaghetti Cone and the Straight Feed Tube. Spiralize the sweet potatoes.
4. Add the chard leaves to the pan over heat, stir until wilted. Add the chicken broth and olive oil to the pan with the remaining salt. Increase the heat so that the mixture begins to boil, add the sweet potatoes and cover tightly. Cook for 3 minutes. Sweet potatoes will be al dente but will continue to cook as it sits.
5. Toss and serve with grated Parmesan on the side.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!