Zucchini stands in for pasta in this bright, veggie-loaded dish.
- ½ small leek, light green and white parts only, sliced lengthwise with root end intact
- 3 medium zucchini, about 1½ pounds, trimmed
- 1 medium carrot, trimmed
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves, torn
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
Nutritional information per serving (1 cup):
Calories 149 (55% from fat) • carb. 9g • pro. 9g • fat 10g sat. fat 7g • chol. 29mg • sod. 546mg • calc. 249mg fiber 3g
1. Assemble the Cuisinart® PrepExpress™ with the Slice/Ribbon Cone and Angled Feed Tube. Slice the leek. Reserve. Replace the Slice/Ribbon Cone with the 9mm Shred/Spaghetti Cone and shred the zucchini. Replace the 9mm Shred/Spaghetti Cone with the 3.0mm Shred/Spaghetti Cone and shred the carrot. Reserve the shredded zucchini and carrot together. Shred the Parmesan. Reserve.
2. In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium-high heat. Once butter melts and starts to foam, add the sliced leek. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring constantly, to soften, about 5 minutes. Add shredded zucchini, carrot, Parmesan, peas, salt and pepper. Stir and warm until the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and add the mint and lemon juice.
3. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired. Serve immediately.