While your rice is cooking, you will have plenty of time to prepare the vegetables and salmon for this quick and healthy meal that is high in protein and good-for-you fats. Do not feel like you need to stay in the boundaries of the suggested vegetables - there are so many items that would work nicely. If you have leftover chicken on hand, that works well as a substitute for the salmon.
- ½ lime
- ¼ teaspoon Korean chili paste
- 1 small radish (the watermelon variety makes for a beautiful presentation if you can find it; if not, the classic red radish works well, or even daikon)
- ½ medium carrot, peeled
- 1 1-to 2-inch piece seedless cucumber
- ½ small, firm avocado
- 1 cup cooked, short-grain brown rice, warm
- 1 3-to 4-ounce salmon fillet, cooked to desired doneness
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil
- Sesame seeds, white or black or a combination of both
- Fresh basil, thinly sliced (chiffonade)
- Fresh cilantro leaves, roughly chopped
Calories 643 (29% from fat) • carb. 88g • pro. 27g • fat 21g sat. fat 3g • chol. 47g • sod. 77mg • calc. 84mg • fiber 10g
1. Rub the inside of a small bowl with the halved lime and the chili paste. Reserve the lime half for serving.
2. Assemble the Cuisinart® PrepExpress™ with the Slice/Ribbon Cone and Angled Feed Tube. Slice the radish, carrot, cucumber and avocado, stopping to clean the Cutting Cone as necessary.
3. Put the rice into the prepared bowl. Top with the sliced vegetables and salmon. Drizzle the sesame oil evenly over the food and then squeeze the reserved lime half over as well. Garnish with the sesame seeds and herbs. Serve immediately.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!