This recipe is great for a festive dinner that guests can assemble themselves at the table. | Plate Side: Bottom Grill, Top Griddle. | Griddler®Cooking Position: Open and flat
- 1 pound frozen large shrimp, thawed and fully peeled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- ¾ teaspoon chili powder
- Pinch ground cumin
- 2 small bell peppers (any color), sliced into ¼-inch strips
- 1 small red onion, sliced into ¼-inch strips
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- Pinch pepper
- Pinch garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 4 wooden skewers, cut in half, optional
- Small flour tortillas
- Small lime wedges, for serving
- Guacamole, for serving, optional
- Salsa, for serving, optional
- Sour cream, for serving, optional
Per serving (1 fajita): Calories 196 (40% from fat) • carb. 16g • pro. 13g • fat 9g sat. fat 1g • chol. 85mg • sod. 418mg • calc. 76mg fiber 1g
- Use paper towels to fully dry the peeled shrimp. Put the dried shrimp in a small bowl or plastic bag with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, garlic, chili powder and cumin. Stir to evenly coat with all of the ingredients. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to marinate.
- While the shrimp is marinating, toss the peppers and onions in the remaining oil. Sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon of the salt and the pinch of pepper and garlic powder. Turn on the Cuisinart® Griddler®. Select Griddle and set to 425°F.
- Once preheated, put the peppers and onions on the Griddler®. Set the timer for 15 minutes and cook, stirring occasionally with silicone-tipped tongs until peppers and onions are browned and melted.
- Once time expires, transfer all of the peppers and onions to the top half of the griddle while the shrimp cook. Transfer to a serving bowl when shrimp are done and toss with the chopped cilantro.
- Once shrimp have marinated, remove from the refrigerator. Combine with the lime juice and remaining salt. If using wooden skewers, put 3 shrimp on each skewer. Set the count-up timer and cook the skewers on the bottom half of the grill for about 5 minutes on the first side and 3 minutes on the other side until fully opaque. Alternately, shrimp may be cooked directly on the bottom plate of the grill without the skewers for the same amount of time. Transfer shrimp to a serving plate.
- To assemble fajitas, put 3 shrimp on a tortilla and top with a spoonful of the peppers and onions. Serve with a small lime wedge and, if desired, guacamole, salsa and sour cream.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!