Chicken or a hearty fish can be substituted for the pork in this recipe. Simply adjust the time accordingly and make sure both are fully cooked through before serving.
Plate Side: Grill
Griddler® Cooking Position: Open and flat
- 2 pounds trimmed pork shoulder
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 small red onion, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Pita bread, for serving, optional
- Tzatziki*, for serving, optional
- 10 wooden skewers
Nutritional information per serving (1 kebab): Calories 272 (73% from fat) • carb. 2g • pro. 16g fat 22g / sat. fat 6g • chol. 64mg • sod. 274mg calc. 19mg • fiber 1g
1. Cut the pork into 1-inch pieces. Season with the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, oregano and pepper. Put 1 piece of pork onto 1 of the skewers. Then add a piece of the onion (about 2 or 3 layers thick), followed by another piece of pork, a tomato, another piece of pork, onion and pork. Repeat with the remaining skewers and ingredients.
2. Turn on the Cuisinart
® Griddler®. Select Grill. Set to 425°F.
3. Once preheated, put the kebabs on the Griddler
® and set the count-up timer. Cook skewers, rotating until each side is browned, for about 25 to 30 minutes, until fully cooked through. Alternately, skewers may be cooked in the closed position for about 5 to 6 minutes.
4. If desired, serve with pita bread and tzatziki.
* Tzatziki is a traditional Greek yogurt-based dip served with kebabs. It may be bought pre-made or can be made from scratch. Search Cuisinart.com for recipes.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!