This recipe allows you to chop and mix all of the ingredients directly in the Cuisinart® food processor.
- 1½ pounds beef chuck, cut into
- 1-inch pieces
- ½ pound pork shoulder, trimmed of any excess fat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 cup fresh italian parsley leaves, loosely packed
- 1/2 onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup italian seasoned
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
Nutritional information per meatball:
Calories 119 (46% from fat) • carb. 3g • pro. 13g • fat 6g
sat. fat 2g • chol. 60mg • sod. 324mg • calc. 17mg • fiber 0g
- Put beef and pork pieces into the freezer for 30 minutes to slightly harden. Preheat oven to 425º F. Line two baking sheets with aluminum foil. Reserve.
- While meat is in freezer, insert the large chopping blade into the large work bowl. With the food processor running on High, drop the garlic through the small feed tube to finely chop. Add the parsley and onion to the bowl and pulse to roughly chop, about 5 to 6 times. Once the 30 minutes have elapsed and the meat is firm but not hard, add the meat to the work bowl. Add the breadcrumbs, salt and eggs. Pulse to chop meat
- and combine ingredients until meat is medium fine, about 35 times.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup, form meat mixture into balls. Bake until golden brown on all sides, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Serve, plain or with tomato sauce.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!