Remaining salsa can be served with tortilla chips - you're not going to want one bite to go to waste.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground
- black pepper
- 3 green onions,trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2-1 jalapeno, seeded and cut in 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- avocados, halved, pitted and scooped out
- 1 mango, peeled, halved and pitted
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- tablespoon vegetable oil
Nutritional information per serving (1 burger with ½ cup salsa): Calories 316 (45% from fat) • carb. 12g • pro. 32g • fat 16g
sat. fat 3g • chol. 125mg • sod. 1026mg • calc. 36mg • fiber
- Put cut chicken thigh pieces into the freezer for 30 minutes to slightly harden.
- While thighs in are in freezer, prepare salsa:
- Insert the large chopping blade into the large work
- bowl. With the food processor running on high, drop
- the jalapeño pieces through the small feed tube to
- finely chop. Add the cilantro and pulse to roughly
- chop, about 6 times. Remove the large blade and
- insert the dicing grid and blade. Dice the avocados,
- followed by the mango. Remove the dicing grid and
- add the salt and lime juice to the mixture. Gently fold
- and transfer to a medium bowl. Taste and adjust
- seasoning as desired. Cover with plastic wrap and
- store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
- Wipe down the large work bowl. Re-insert the large blade and put green onions into the bowl. Pulse to roughly chop, about 6 times. Once 30 minutes have elapsed and the chicken pieces are slightly firm but not hard, add the chicken thighs to the bowl. Add the salt and pepper. Pulse until medium fine, about 16 times. Form into 6 even patties.
- To cook chicken patties, preheat oven to 350°F. Heat oil in a large nonstick pan. Once oil is hot, add 3 of the chicken patties, being careful not to crowd the pan. Brown each side until a nice, golden brown crust forms, then transfer to a baking sheet. Repeat with remaining patties and finish cooking in the oven until
- the internal temperature reaches 165ºF. Remove from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve, topped with mango-avocado salsa and a lime wedge. May also be served on a soft bun like brioche or potato.