This free-form tart takes all the fuss out of rolling out the perfect pie dough—couldn’t be easier!
½ cup ricotta
1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, divided
2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
2 small garlic cloves, peeled
¼ cup packed fresh mint leaves
1 large zucchini
(about 12 ounces), trimmed
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ recipe pate brisée
1 egg white lightly beaten, for egg wash
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 205 (65% from fat) • carb. 14g • pro. 4g • fat 15g
- sat. fat 10g • chol. 38mg • sod. 762mg • calc. 47mg
- fiber 1g
Active Time: 30 minutes Inactive Time: 45 minutes
- Combine ricotta, lemon zest, 2 teaspoons lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper in a small bowl. Reserve in the refrigerator.
- Insert the chopping blade into the work bowl of the food processor. With food processor running on High, drop garlic cloves down the feed tube and process to finely chop. Add mint and pulse to roughly chop, about 3 or 4 times. Reserve garlic and mint in a large mixing bowl.
- Remove chopping blade and insert the slicing disc at setting 3. Slice zucchini on High. Transfer to mixing bowl with garlic and mint. Toss with remaining salt, pepper, lemon juice and olive oil.
- On a piece of lightly floured parchment paper, roll out pastry dough to form a 10-inch circle. Pile zucchini mixture into center of dough leaving a 1-inch edge. Dollop the ricotta mixture over the zucchini. Fold dough over the edges of the filling.
- Carefully transfer the tart with parchment paper to a shallow baking pan or cookie sheet. Transfer to refrigerator to chill.
- While tart is chilling, preheat oven to 375°F with the rack in the middle of the oven.
- Once oven is hot, brush edges of the tart with the egg white wash. Bake until crust is golden and zucchini is soft, about 40 to 50 minutes.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!