With a nod to the Mediterranean for this delicious combination of flavors,
the Cuisinart® Griddler® Elite makes the perfect panini.
Griddler® Elite Cooking Position: Closed
Plate Side: Grill
½ medium to large eggplant, cut into eight ½-inch slices
olive oil, for brushing
sea or kosher salt
freshly ground black pepper
8 pitas, split
½ cup hummus
½ cup tabbouleh
4 ounces feta, thinly sliced
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 367 (37% from fat) • carb. 47g • pro. 12g • fat 16g • sat. fat 5g
• chol. 25mg • sod. 757mg • calc. 262mg • fiber 7g
1. Fit the grill with the grill plates and preheat both plates to 400˚F.
2. While the unit is heating, brush the eggplant slices with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Once unit has reached temperature, place the eggplant slices on the lower grill plate and close. Grill eggplant about 3½ to 4 minutes. Remove and reserve. Lower the temperature of both the upper and lower plates to 350˚F.
4. Lightly brush the outside of each pita half with olive oil. Spread the inside of each half with hummus. Evenly divide the tabbouleh and feta among the sandwiches.
5. Place the sandwiches on the lower grill plate. Lower cover and press lightly on the handle for 30 seconds. Grill in the Closed position for about 10 minutes, or until the bread is toasted and well marked, the filling is warm and cheese is melted. Cut each sandwich into thirds and serve warm.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!