The flavors of Jerk Seasoning are perfect for chicken, but use it on other proteins such as pork and shrimp as well.
¼ cup orange juice
2 tablespoons white vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce, reduced sodium
2 tablespoons olive oil
Juice of ½ lime
3 garlic cloves
2 green onions, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
1 Scotch Bonnet pepper, seeded and halved (or 2 jalapeños, seeded and halved)
1 tablespoon ground allspice
2 teaspoons light brown sugar
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 whole chicken (3½ to 4 pounds)
1 teaspoon kosher salt
Nutritional information per serving (based on 6 servings):
Calories 210 (42% from fat) • carb. 8g • pro. 23g • fat 10g • sat. fat 2g
• chol. 80mg • sod. 668mg • calc. 28mg • fiber 1g
1. Prepare the marinade. Put marinade ingredients, in order listed, into a Cuisinart® Blender. Blend on High and process until homogenous, about 1 minute.
2. Pour marinade over the chicken and refrigerate in a sealable plastic bag for 2 hours, up to overnight.
3. Once chicken has marinated, remove and allow any excess marinade to drain off. Season the chicken all over with the teaspoon of salt.
4. Truss the chicken well with butcher’s twine and then fit onto the spit so the chicken is in the middle of the spit. Secure well with the skewers.
5. Adjust the rack to position 1 and place the baking pan on top of it. Fit the spit into the oven and set to the Chicken setting on the Rotisserie function at 400°F for 60 minutes.
6. Cook the chicken for the allotted time, or until the juices run clear when the thigh is pierced (internal temperature should be 165˚F in the breast and 170˚F in the thigh. It may take more or less time depending on the size of the chicken).
7. Using the rotisserie grip, remove the chicken from the oven. Allow to rest for at least 5 to 10 minutes before carving.