A delightful combination for the gluten-free pizza dough.
1 eggplant, cut into ¼-inch slices
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 sprig fresh rosemary, broken in half
½ recipe gluten-free pizza dough, rolled into 10-inch round (page 30)
½ cup prepared pizza sauce (optional)
½ pound fresh mozzarella, sliced
¼ cup grated Parmesan
6 basil leaves
pinch kosher salt
pinch crushed red pepper
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 260 (49% from fat) • carb. 24g • pro. 9g • fat 14g • sat. fat 7g
• chol. 34mg • sod. 339mg • calc. 73mg • fiber 2g
1. Toss together the eggplant, garlic, olive oil and rosemary and arrange in a single layer on the baking pan. Adjust the rack to position 2 and put the eggplant in the oven. Select Bake at 425°F for 25 minutes. Press Speed Convection, then Start, to begin baking.
2. Once pizza dough is ready and rolled, place it on a well-floured pizza peel or surface of an inverted sheet tray. Spoon the sauce, if using, in a round onto the center of the dough. Arrange the eggplant evenly over the sauce and layer with the fresh mozzarella and Parmesan. Tear the basil leaves and scatter on the pizza along with the pinch of salt and crushed red pepper.
3. Adjust the rack to position 1 fitted with the pizza stone. Preheat oven 450°F and stone by selecting Pizza, 6-inch fresh and set the time for
10 minutes. Once the oven beeps to signal it is preheated, slide pizza into the oven. Check at five minutes before cooking time is finished so that the pizza is not too dark.
4. Slice and serve immediately.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!