Rosemary, Thyme, and Lemon Foiled-Baked SalmonUser Submitted Recipe
1 filet of Atlantic or Pink Salmon
1/3 pre-cooked linguica sausage link
2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1-2 sprigs of rosemary
1-2 sprigs of thyme
shallow baking dish
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
3. Chop onion and linguica into small chunks and cook in skillet until just lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
4. Pull rosemary and thyme leaves off stems.
5. Cut 1/2 lemon into wedges.
6. Make a bowl/cup with the aluminum foil big enough to fit salmon filet. Place salmon filet in aluminum foil bowl/cup. Pour onion and linguica chunks over salmon. Sprinkle rosemary and thyme leaves over salmon. Place lemon wedges on top and bottom of salmon filet (this insures lemon flavor throughout the salmon). Pour the other tablespoon of olive oil over the salmon, and tent the salmon with the aluminum foil, but leave small air hole. Place aluminum packet in baking dish.
7. Cook salmon filet for about 20-30 minutes, or until fish is cooked through and flaking, and remove from oven.
8. Open packet, and if desired, squeeze the lemon wedges that were cooked with the salmon over the salmon.
*Note: this recipe can yield more servings with more salmon filets made in packets, if desired.