Not heavy, but definitely packed full of flavor. We love the look of the gemelli, but any short, hollow pasta shape will work.
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
½ medium red onion, chopped
½ bell pepper, cut into ½-inch slices
½ teaspoon sea or kosher salt, divided
pinch freshly ground black pepper
1 cup water
4 ounces broccoli florets nonstick cooking spray
½ pound dried gemelli, cooked al dente
3 ounces soft goat cheese, at room temperature
4 ounces Emmental (Swiss) or other medium-soft cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
4 to 6 basil leaves, thinly sliced
Nutritional information per serving (based on 8 servings):
Calories : 276 (34% from fat) • carb. 31g • pro. 14g
• fat 10g • sat. fat 6g • chol. 25 mg • sod. 253 mg
• calc. 205 mg • fiber 2g
1. Preheat the Cuisinart® Oven Central® fitted with the baking pan to 400ºF with the top heater element off. Add the garlic, red onion, pepper, ¼ teaspoon of the salt and all of the black pepper. Sauté until vegetables are softened, about 4 to 6 minutes. Remove and reserve in a large mixing bowl. Carefully wipe surface of pan dry.
2. Place the cooking rack in the upper position into the baking pan. Add the water and close cover. When the water boils, place the broccoli on the rack. Close the lid. Steam for 2 to 3 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Carefully remove broccoli and place in large mixing bowl with the sautéed vegetables.
3. Carefully remove the rack, pour out the water, and dry the baking pan; close cover and reduce heat to 325ºF. Lightly coat the pan with nonstick cooking spray.
4. Add the remaining ingredients, including the remaining salt, to the bowl with the vegetables. Toss to combine and then transfer to the prepared baking pan.
5. Place the filled pan in the oven. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until ingredients are fully warmed through and cheese is melted.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!