Sausage with Peppers and OnionsCuisinart Original Recipe
2 bell peppers, mixed in colors, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 tablespoon olive oil
¼ teaspoon sea salt
pinch freshly ground black pepper
2 hot Italian sausage links, pricked on all sides with the tines of a fork (Be sure that they are no thicker than 4-inches in diameter)
2 French rolls or hoagie rolls, halved
1. Preheat the Cuisinart® Compact Grill Centro, fitted with the griddle plate and the rollers, to High.
2. In a mixing bowl, toss the peppers and onions with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Once the rollers have preheated, for about 10 minutes, add 1 sausage link on rollers that are not sitting directly next to one another. Sausages take about 10 minutes to fully cook.
4. While sausages are cooking, add the pepper/onion mixture to the griddle plate. Sauté vegetables for about 10 to 15 minutes, tossing occasionally.
5. Once sausages are fully cooked, prepare sandwiches. Place one link in each roll, topped with the sautéed peppers and onions.
ServingsMakes 2 servings
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 507 (66% from fat) • carb. 26g • pro. 17g • fat 37g • sat. fat 12g
• chol. 69mg • sod. 1166mg • calc. 65mg • fiber 3g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
Griddler® Compact Grill Centro