The butter makes this dish rich and luxurious, but if you’re looking for a lighter meal, substitute extra virgin olive oil for the butter and serve on the side.
- 1½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 large sea scallops, rinsed well and patted dry (should be about ½ pound, depending on the size of the scallops)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature and cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 lemon, cut into 8 small wedges
Calories 345 (73% from fat) • carb. 4g • pro. 19g • fat 28g • sat. fat 12g
• chol. 82mg • sod. 718mg • calc. 35mg • fiber 0g
- In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice together with the salt and pepper. Gradually whisk in the olive oil. Put the scallops into a large mixing bowl and toss with the lemon juice mixture. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap; let marinate in the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- About 10 minutes before the scallops have completed marinating, preheat the Cuisinart® Compact Grill Centro to High.
- Thread two of the provided skewers, alternating with the lemon wedges and marinated scallops, starting with one lemon wedge and then a scallop. You should have 3 scallops and 4 lemon wedges per skewer. Fit skewers into place.
- Cook for about 20 minutes, or until scallops are fully opaque. Be sure not to overcook the scallops or they will be very tough.
- While the scallops are cooking, put the butter, parsley and lemon zest into the work bowl of a Cuisinart® Mini Chopper fitted with the chopping blade. Process until thoroughly combined; reserve.
- To serve, place the scallops on a serving tray and dot with the lemon herb butter. You can also melt the butter and serve as a dipping sauce or drizzle over the tops of the scallops.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!