Asian-Style Tofu KebabsCuisinart Original Recipe
The soy ginger marinade is a wonderful complement to the tofu and mixed vegetables."
1 garlic clove
1 ½-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard
2 tablespoons tahini
1 tablespoon honey
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
8 ounces extra-firm tofu, cut into 2-inch pieces
6 ounces eggplant, cut into 2-inch pieces
1. Prepare the marinade. Put the garlic and ginger into the work bowl of a Cuisinart® Mini Chopper or Food Processor fitted with the chopping blade. Pulse to roughly chop. Add the soy sauce, mustard, tahini and honey. Process until combined. Slowly add the olive oil through the recessed area on the lid. Process until homogenous. If not using immediately, store in the refrigerator in a sealed glass jar.
2. Put the remaining ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Add the marinade and very gently toss to combine. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap; let marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
3. Ten minutes before tofu and eggplant have finished marinating, preheat the Cuisinart® Compact Grill Centro to High.
4. Thread the tofu and eggplant on three of the provided skewers. Fit skewers into place.
5. Cook kebabs for 18 to 20 minutes, or until tofu and vegetables are fully cooked and lightly browned.
ServingsMakes 2 servings
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 386 (59% from fat) • carb. 25g • pro. 17g • fat 27g • sat. fat 3g
• chol. 0mg • sod. 1207mg • calc. 207mg • fiber 4g
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!