Parmesan Turkey BurgersCuisinart Original Recipe
A healthy alternative to the beef burger."
1 pound ground turkey (7% fat works best)
14 cup finely chopped green onion
¼ cup finely chopped Italian parsley
¼ cup finely grated Reggiano Parmesan or Asiago
1∕8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon sea salt, divided
1. Put the turkey into a large bowl with the onion, parsley, cheese, and black pepper. Using clean hands, stir to combine and mix well, but do not overwork the meat. Divide into 4 equal portions (4 ounces each) and shape into 4-inch burgers (about ¹∕ ³ cup each). Sprinkle each side with the garlic powder and salt. Refrigerate if not grilling immediately.
2. Preheat the Cuisinart® Compact Grill Centro, fitted with the Grill plate, to High.
3. Once the Grill is hot (about 10 minutes), arrange burgers evenly spaced on the Grill. Cook for about 6 to 8 minutes per side, until well grilled and juices run clear. Internal temperature of meat should be 165°F when tested with an instant-read thermometer.
4. Serve hot on grilled buns or English muffins. Buns can be toasted concurrently with burgers. To do so, fit skewers into place, open buns flat and place on top of skewers, with motor off. A medium color takes about 1½ minutes.
ServingsMakes 4 burgers
Nutritional information per burger:
Calories 195 (51% from fat) • carb. 1g • pro. 22g • fat 11g • sat. fat 3g
• chol. 94mg • sod. 319mg • calc. 80mg • fiber 0g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
Griddler® Compact Grill Centro
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!