Turkey MeatloafCuisinart Original Recipe
Veggies are added for flavor in this healthier version of meatloaf."
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 small carrot, finely chopped
1 small celery stalk, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
¾ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
8 baby bella (crimini) mushrooms, chopped
1½ cups old-fashioned oats, divided
½ cup chicken broth, low sodium
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1⁄3 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 1⁄3 pounds ground turkey
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
nonstick cooking spray
1. Put the oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Once the oil is hot and shimmering across the pan add the onion, carrot, celery, garlic, ½ teaspoon of the salt and ¼ teaspoon of the pepper. Sauté until fragrant and soft, about 8 to 10 minutes. Add the mushrooms and continue to sauté until soft, an additional 5 to 10 minutes. Allow to cool slightly.
2. Put 1 cup of oats with the chicken broth into a large mixing bowl and mix to coat the oats. Stir in the eggs, ketchup and tomato paste. Add the ground turkey, cooked vegetables, with remaining salt, pepper, remaining oats and parsley.
3. Using hands or a large spoon, gently blend ingredients together until completely combined. Be careful not to overmix.
4. Coat the inside of a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and place meatloaf mixture into pan. Preheat oven on Convection Bake at 350°F with the rack in the lower position. Once preheated put the meatloaf in the oven and bake for 50 minutes.
5. Meatloaf is done when internal temperature registers 165°F. Allow to rest slightly before removing from pan and slicing.
ServingsMakes about 10 servings
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 238 (48% from fat) • carb. 13g • pro. 18g • fat 13g • sat. fat 3g
• chol. 106mg • sod. 405mg • calc. 41mg • fiber 2g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
TOB-135 Deluxe Convection Toaster Oven Broiler